Friday, November 30, 2012

Let's try this again...Thanksgiving!

I tried to quit blogging, but a sweet call on Thanksgiving from a bestie in Japan convinced me to give it another try. I know I will be grateful to have these memories documented in one place. Let me first say that having Brett around more (no more long hours and weekends) has made life in Hanover so much better. We've been able to go to church together and joined a gym which has been a lot of fun. I want to eventually post about what all has been going on the last couple of months, but I will start with Thanksgiving!

When we first decided that going back to Arkansas for the holidays was just not feasible this year, I think we were both a bit sad. Then with the realization that Brett and I had never spent Thanksgiving day together, we decided to go all out! I was really worried about cooking a big Thanksgiving meal, but with the help of recipes from our moms, it turned out amazing. We made pecan pie the night before and it was hard to resist sneaking a bite!


 

We woke up Thanksgiving morning and drank mimosas while watching the parade (and continued to drink them most of the morning...). I made a baked brie with carrot cake jam. The jam came from Cat (Five Acre Farms)! It was the perfect appetizer. Then we cooked and cooked until everything was ready. We had turkey, dressing, green beans with almonds, corn, mashed potatoes, broccoli salad, and pecan pie! We probably could have fed 12 people...





We spent the rest of the day relaxing and skyping with family! Brett also convinced me to watch a Karate Kid marathon. Later that night, Brett and I ventured out for some shopping. Neither of us had ever done black Friday shopping...we made it to the parking lot of Walmart and then turned around and went home. Haha. It wasn't for us :) We tried again around 11:30 and made into Sears. We walked around for a couple of minutes and then decided that nothing in the store was worth waiting in the lines, but it was fun to see what it was all about.

We had a wonderful holiday spent being very thankful for each other and everything we have been given!




No comments:

Post a Comment