Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas 2012

Brett and I decided back in October that traveling home for Christmas wouldn't be an option this year. As soon as we made the decision, I knew I wanted to deck our house out and make this a memorable Christmas. It was a really way special to spend our first married Christmas :)

Between the two of us, we didn't really have any Christmas decorations. I spent a lot of time making things and searching for good deals. The biggest argument we had was whether to have a real or fake tree. For me, picking out the perfect real tree is a Christmas tradition. I just wasn't ready to let that go...maybe Brett will win next year. (maybe..)
 
Bringing in the tree- it was huge!
Stringing popcorn was a two day event.



Brett helped me make the sign from an old palette 
Christmas Eve we spent hanging out at the house. Our landlords (who we love) came by for a bit and dropped off a gift. They engraved a glass ornament with "The Gordon's First Christmas 2012". It was so sweet. We made a big brunch and planned to go to a candlelight service, but we got snowed in! We took a long walk in the snow and came home to hot apple cider (spiked) and listened to Christmas music while dancing around the living room. 




Christmas morning we woke up and opened all our presents. We were so spoiled by our families! I got Brett an xbox 360. I should have bought a second tv to go with it- he wants to play all the time! He got me a kinect and a dance central game along with some sewing tools and the first two seasons of Downton Abbey (YESSS!). I also got Brett two nerf guns and a war broke out between us for the next 45 minutes. Now when I least expect I'll get hit by a nerf dart- it's pretty hilarious.  

I think Brett's favorite gift was the honey-baked ham that my Aunt and Uncle sent us. We had the best Christmas dinner and enough leftovers to last us weeks! Brett said, "I think the ham was my favorite Christmas gift...'That's the gift that keeps on giving, Clark.'".  






It was a wonderful Christmas! I was spoiled to have Brett at home and all to myself for 4 days. Hopefully in the future we can have more family around on Christmas, but I know we will always remember the Christmas we shared with just the two of us. 











No comments:

Post a Comment