Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our New Home!

This last weekend was packed with exciting events! First, some of our closest friends, Katelyn and Chris, got engaged! And, Brett and I traveled to Hanover, PA to check out the town and find a place to call home.

Hanover is NOT what I had pictured. I think I gave Brett's boss a good laugh when I told him that I thought we would walk into a restaurant, the music would stop, and everyone would turn and stare at us! The city of Hanover is small, but it is called Hanover Borough because of all the neighboring towns that have really developed over the last few years which has led to a total population of about 60,000. The downtown area has a lot of charm. I think we will really like it there!


Hanover Foods let us stay in one of their farm houses. It had amazing views (and it snowed!).






On Saturday, we check out a few apartments/houses and had time to go to the Gettysburg National Park. Gettysburg is approx. 25 minutes from Hanover. I can't wait to go back when the weather is warmer and we can walk around the park!





We did end up finding an apartment in an old house near downtown. The couple who own the home have been so nice and helpful as we have been trying to figure out the area and find a place to live. 

Side of the house. We have the whole first floor!

Cute front porch!

Our small backyard


Part of the living room. Through that doorway is the dining room.

The living room has a lot of light and great character!

Now on to packing everything Brett and I own! Brett will be moving in the first week of January so we have a lot to do between now and then!

1 comment:

  1. MERE! So cute. Love the blog, pics, and Hanover looks amazing!

    Whit

    ReplyDelete