Monday, May 7, 2012

From Schafer to Gordon

I'm behind on my wedding day post, because, well, I'm back in Arkansas. It appears as though crazy travel schedules and time away from each other did not end for Brett and I when we left AR for PA. Brett's new job has him away from Hanover for the next two months so I had an opportunity to come back to AR and finish my thesis. Even though we were terribly sad to leave one another AGAIN...we both agree that the last month has been the happiest of our lives and we can't wait for that to continue.

SO back to the BIG post: THE WEDDING DAY!

I woke up Saturday morning next to Kaitlin on my "wonderful" air mattress. I barely slept due to excitement and nerves which means I kept Kaitlin up as well (sorry, Kait!). I think there were some shouts of "it's my wedding day!!" and "I'm getting married" as we grabbed some breakfast on the way to Pratt Place. We also rolled the windows down and belted out "You make my dreams come true!".

Pratt Place Barn was buzzing with my family and friends who were in full decoration mode. It was really nice to goof off with everyone and release of some of that nervous energy. The barn started to turn into what I had pictured in my mind. It actually turned out more beautiful than I could ever have imgained! It was perfect!

After a couple hours of decorating, Kaitlin and I left for the hair salon (studio eight) where we met Jessica to get our hair done! It was a such a fun time and was also the point at which I realized that it really was THE DAY.

The next stop was back to Pratt Place where all the girls were waiting to get ready and start the pictures. I could not WAIT to see Brett! But I will cherish that time getting ready with the girls- my friends are amazing.




Brett and I had our "First Look" which was so sweet! He was SO nervous...it was adorable. I asked if he liked my dress (because he hadn't said ANYTHING to me yet haha) and he said "I can't even talk, because you took my breath away". Ah melt my heart! Pictures ended with just a few minutes to re-group before the ceremony. As much fun as I had dancing the night away with everyone, the best part of the day was standing at the altar with Brett. It was the most amazing feeling that we were tying out lives together forever! It was so special.


Then it was time to CELEBRATE!





It was a perfect day. The most beautiful weather, wonderful ceremony, great dinner, awesome music, and getting to be with my best friend forever: what could beat that?!

I have many more pictures to share when we get the professional pics back, but until then I'll be filling everyone in on what's been going on since the wedding.


Love,

Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment