Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jessica and Evan's Wedding Weekend

I just returned from the BEST weekend! I went to be a part of Jessica's wedding which was in her hubby's hometown of Laguna Beach, CA. After a bit of panic due to a cancelled flight Friday night, we all made it to LA by lunchtime on Saturday. We took a shuttle from LA to Laguna and as we neared Laguna the views became so beautiful. We stayed in the Holiday Inn right across the street from the beach. I love Laguna! Everything was walking distance and we spent a lot of time on the beach.

The hotel!



As soon as we got settled into the hotel, we all got ready headed over to Meleah's condo. We finished getting ready with Jess and then walked to the beach to take pictures. Jessica looked unbelievably gorgeous!! I cannot wait to see how all the pictures turn out! I sadly didn't have a camera, but I stole a few of Sarah's pictures (Thanks, Sar!).

Jessica, Katelyn, Christy, and I.



Jessica and Evan had their first look and pictures taken on the beach where they got engaged. We all ran back to the hotel for a quick rest before driving to the ceremony location. The wedding was held at the Tivoli Terrace. This is a picture I found online of the location (Jess's decor was different!)



We had a little room to hang out, drink champagne, and wait until the ceremony began. We got to pray with Jess and have a few more laughs before everything started.



The ceremony was beautiful and so sweet! We then had a sit down dinner (the food was amazing!) and dancing. I think the best part of the whole weekend was getting to dance and sing with all my best girlfriends. Definitely something I will remember forever.

Sunday morning, Katherine and I woke up insanely early after such a long night and day. We were out of bed by 6. And went to the beach to watch the surfers. We then got food at the Orange Inn- a great breakfast/smoothie/coffee place across from the hotel. Because Jessica and Evan would be leaving for Japan, they planned to see everyone the day after the wedding. We had brunch with them at White House ( I think that was the name of the restaurant). Jessica and Evan went to say bye to Jessica's family so the rest of us shopped and layed on the beach for most of the afternoon. It was wondeful.

Katherine, me, and Chesna.


Before we headed back to LA, we met up on the beach with Jessica and Evan one last time. We girls laughed and huddled together on the beach trying to prolong having to say goodbye. Jessica and I tried to hug and say goodbye, but ended up belting out "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic and running around on the beach. It was all we could do to keep from crying haha! 

Whitney, Christy, Katherine, and I left to go back to Christy's house in LA and to meet up with Sarah. It was really great to see where Christy lives and finally meet the people I've heard about, but never had a chance to hang out with!

Overall, it was just a really special weekend. I feel like we all needed that time together and it was so perfect. I was honored and thrilled to be able to be a part of Jessica and Evan's big day! By now Jess and Ev will have made it back to Japan and are about to leave for their honeymoon (the Maldives, I think-so jealous!). Jessica has been in my life longer than any of my other friends. She is such a huge part of my life, and I'm sad I won't be able to see her whenever I want, but I'm so excited for them as they start their life together! ...Now to start saving for my plane ticket to Japan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment