Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

With Brett traveling for interviews and trying to finish his thesis, I've been spending my time outside of work house/dog sitting and getting together with my girls. Last night we had a chili and pumpkin carving party! It turned out to be a really great night. Sadly, most of the pictures of the decor were on my camera that is now not working, but I was able to use an old camera to snag a few pics of the night :)

Whitney picked up some spooky decorations that gave our house a bit of haunted house vibe. We also had a bonus guest: Lincoln got to join us for the night!







Whitney and I made veggie chili comprised of sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, bell pepper, and other goodies. Whitney also made the best spiced apple cider-it was delicious!

                                  


I must say: I have the most amazing group of friends. It is so refreshing to get to spend time with them. Even though we are all so different from one another, some how it is the perfect combination. Though this time we definitely felt the absence of our little "Hessica"  (miss you!). When we are all together, it is a guarantee that there will be a lot of laughter and some pretty serious conversations! 




Lincoln after his costume change
 



family photo

After dinner, we watched Bridesmaids and carved pumpkins. It probably would have been more festive to watch a scary movie, but none of us wanted to try to sleep after watching a horror flick!


Finished pumpkins: Cat(mine), Spider (Ches), Zombie (Kate), Ghoul (Whit)

Now I am looking forward to the weekend: Brandon and Ashley's wedding! YAY! Brett's brother, Brandon, Cat, and Sean are all making the drive from Pleasant Plains and I can't wait to seem them. We all love Brandon and Ashley and are ready to celebrate with them! I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween Weekend.

1 comment:

  1. mere! i just read all your blog entries and i LOVE it! so excited for this time in your life :) xoxo noel

    ReplyDelete